Construction and Development Management Intern – Zoku
|Functie:||Construction and Development Management Intern|
Construction and Development Management Internship Department
We are looking for an international minded, entrepreneurial spirit, with a feeling for construction and interested in hotel real estate development. During this 5-month (minimum) internship, you will be working in the construction and technical department of the global rollout team at Zoku.
Facilitating global living and working, Zoku is a new category in the hotel industry: A home-o ce hybrid, also suitable for long stays, with the services of a hotel and the social buzz of a thriving neighborhood. It’s a place to call your second home from your rst visit. Zoku is optimally suited for people living and working in a city for between ve days and three months. Zoku o ers the travelling professional – the global nomad – a home base with both a smart Zoku Loft (private areas) and social spaces (communal areas) to work, sleep, play and live in. The rst Zoku opened in May 2016 at an excellent location in the heart of Amsterdam; the Metropool building on the Weesperstraat.
You will work alongside an energetic team of entrepreneurial and friendly spirits who love to create one big family and providing the best possible service in the broadest sense: from welcoming guests to Zoku, making the best co ee to connecting them to the city, facilities and services. There are no separate teams, we all work together creating the best Zoku experience for all visitors. We have a variety of complimenting backgrounds and strong business knowledge and private equity experience. We created or worked for innovative concepts like citizenM, Spaces and Creative Valley. We speak a mix of languages (Dutch, German, English, Swedish, French, Bulgarian) and a crazy bunch of local dialects. For more on Zoku, please visit our website: www.livezoku.com
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hotel real estate development, global rollout team, engineering, architecture
Who Can Apply
• Open minded individuals with an entrepreneurial drive that are internationally orientated,
• Curious people looking to gain valuable experience at a disruptive startup in the world of hotel real estate development, as part of their study program or for those who wish to gain hands-on experience after graduation,
• Especially students and graduates in the elds of: construction, engineering, project management, architecture or real-estate development,
• People who are familiar and can work with AutoCAD. SketchUp or other softwares are a plus.
• People who’s English is uent. Knowledge of professional building and construction language (jargon) in English is a big plus. The same goes for any second language (besides Dutch),
• Those with strong communication skills,
• The enthusiastic, humoristic and friendly team players, who are able to keep their head cool.
As an intern, you will be supporting the team with the realization of new, international locations. Your activities will take place in the initial/early stage of the realization process. In addition, together with the team, you will be developing the Zoku standards. The Zoku standards will be a document with the technical standards for all future Zoku locations You will also support the technical and maintenance matters for Zoku’s assets. Besides this, you will also be doing day-to-day business. This will include creating layout sketches and/or drawing and revision of existing drawings and documents.
Description of Assignment / Tasks
Main responsibilities of the internship would include:
- Support day-to-day processes of the construction and technical team,
- Planning; keep track of overall planning / documents projects,
- Layout; creating sketches for new locations, support with the construction plans/drawings,
- Investment; support in the preparation the investment budget,
- Help with the development of the Zoku standards,
- Support technical and maintenance matters,
- Supporting in the Zoku Loft engineering process.
What’s in it for you?
You will get the opportunity to participate in growing an entirely new hotel concept within the Amsterdam market in an exciting start-up setting. We are a very non-traditional company within a traditional industry, so if you like thinking outside the box, we’re sure you will be a great t. In addition, the project has got an international outlook with plans to rollout in multiple major cities in Europe.
How to Apply
You can send you CV, motivation and if you like (we do!) something extra to present yourself to email@example.com.