Real Estate Developer Internship – Zoku
We are looking for a creative, entrepreneurial spirit, with an interest in real estate, a feeling for hospitality, a knack for software and persistence and dedication to learn new tasks.
During this internship (min. 5 months) you will be a member of the global rollout team at Zoku and assisting with the analysis of new Zoku locations in Europe and the USA. That means that you will be assisting the team with securing ongoing projects, preparing market analysis, analyzing city neighbourhoods, conducting high-level due diligence on di erent project aspects and research other relevant information for the development of Zoku.
As set out in the goals below, this internship will consist of the support of the rollout team at Zoku. You will help gather insights and support real business decision- making about Zoku’s next locations around the world. Your critical thinking will create new or improve existing structures and procedures in di erent aspects of operation. As you are an incremental part of Zoku’s decision making process, you will create, use and analyse data of smart business tools that help to make decisions for successful hotel development opportunities by feeding the team with facts.
Who Should Apply
- Open-minded spirits, ideally with experience in hospitality and/or real estate;
- Genuine people looking to gain valuable experience as an intern in the wonderful world of hotel real estate development, as part of their study program;
- People who truly understand current business developments and look for new ways to disrupt the traditional real estate market;
- Everyone enrolled at an university is invited to apply, but studying real estate or hospitality is a plus
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Zoku and Beyond Global Rollout Team
Management placement, hotel real estate development, global rollout team
Facilitating global living and working, Zoku is a new category in the hotel industry: A home-o ce hybrid, also suitable for long stays, with the services of a hotel and the social buzz of a thriving neighborhood. It’s a place to call your second home from your rst visit. Zoku is optimally suited for people living and working in a city for between ve days and three months. Zoku o ers the travelling professional – the global nomad – a home base with both a smart Zoku Loft (private areas) and social spaces (communal areas) to work, sleep, play and live in. The rst Zoku opened in May 2016 at an excellent location in the heart of Amsterdam; the Metropool building on the Weesperstraat.
The team: you will work with a team of entrepreneurial and friendly spirits who love to create one big family and providing the best possible service in the broadest sense: from welcoming guests to Zoku, making the best co ee to connecting them to the city, facilities and services. There are no separate teams, we all work together creating the best Zoku experience for all visitors. We have a variety of complimenting backgrounds, strong business knowledge and private equity experience. We created or worked for innovative concepts like citizenM, Spaces and Creative Valley as well as high-level service organizations like Ritz- Carlton. We speak a mix of 20 languages and a bunch of fun local dialects.
For more on Zoku, please visit our website: www.livezoku.com.
Main responsibilities of the internship would include:
- Support day-to-day processes of the rollout team (e.g. perform research on possible target countries/cities/areas, analyze hotel locations, etc.);
- Compiling presentations on existing opportunities, markets and statistics;
- Find and mine historical data and connect sources that enhance the success factor and the improvement of quality of leads;
- Benchmarking hotel real estate statistics and create detailed reports for the management team;
- Identifying new data sources and checking data on quality and usefulness.
We are looking for a star player with the following qualities:
- Handy with software and pro-active in going the extra mile to solve problems;
- Brings a warm heart and keeps their head cool;
- Enthusiastic, humoristic and friendly;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and likes to discover new things;
- Analytical and curious;
- Strong communication skills;
- Fluent in English, other languages are a plus;
- Interested in nance or real-estate development.
What’s In It For You?
You will have the opportunity to participate in and in uence the evolution of Zoku, create new tools and processes to further optimize business ows and to learn a great deal about the international hotel real estate sector and the hospitality industry – and all that in an exciting start-up setting. We are a very non-traditional company within a traditional industry, and have a lot of growth ambition. If you like thinking outside the box, we’re sure you will be a great t. In addition, we have an international vision with plans to rollout to major cities across Europe (based on your analysis!).
How to Apply
Do you t above pro le? Apply by sending your CV, motivation letter, and if you like (we do!) something extra to present yourself to us at email@example.com.